We are all excited to get back to what we do best - racing! It is vital that we all do our part to follow the rules and regulations set by the health department to ensure that we can continue to race. Get your mask and let's GET RACING!
From the NSA:
TRAINERS –YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PASSING THESE RULES ON TO YOUR EMPLOYEES AND MAKING SURE THEY COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND AND COMPLY. Also, the PRE‐RACE MEET SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE MUST BE PRINTED, FILLED OUT, PRESENTED AND UPON ADMISSION TO THE RACE COURSE.
1. Grooms must wear a mask at all times.
2. After your groom leaves the paddock and then turns their horse loose onto the
race course, they MUST stand on the OUTSIDE rail of the race course. There will be a RED X every 7 feet marked on the TOP RAIL. They must each stand at one spot for the duration of the race. There are 16 designated spots. IF THEY DO NOT STAND AT THESE
DESIGNATED SPOTS AS REQUESTED, THEY WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
3. After the race, all horses will come back to the Paddock where groom takes them
and returns to their stabling area.
4. The only exception is the Winner of the race. This horse will remain on the race course,
the groom will hold onto their horse for the win picture in front of the gate where the horses first enter the track. Afterwards, they will proceed directly to the stabling area.
1. When you arrive at 9:00 a.m., your allotted time slot, at the first checkpoint you will hand in your Health Screening Questionnaire – these MUST be completed prior to arrival. There will be NO questionnaires on site so if you have forgotten yours, NO ENTRY.
2. Your temperature will then be taken, you will be given a wrist band which must be put on your wrist immediately and worn throughout the day until you exit the grounds.
3. ALL jockeys will park on the Hillside above the Jockeys Tent.
4. When you arrive at the Jockeys Tent, you will see 7x7 painted squares with a chair. You must stay in your designated spot. FEMALE jockeys will go into the regular Jockeys Building and will follow the same procedure. MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES
5. There will be a MANDATORY Jockeys meeting at 11.30 a.m. in the paddock. There will be orange cones 7 feet apart – YOU ARE EACH REQUIRED TO STAND AT A CONE. You MUST be on time for this meeting. IF YOU MISS IT, YOU WILL BE SCRATCHED.
6. Riders are NOT allowed in the stabling area so your trainer will have someone meet you to get your tack.
7. When the call for RIDERS UP is announced, you will come out, still wearing your mask, get straight on your horse and then go directly out onto the race course. At this point, the mask can be pulled down. THERE WILL BE NO STANDING AROUND THE PADDOCK SOCIALIZING.
8. After your race, everyone comes straight back to the paddock except for the winner. The winner will remain on the race course by the gates where you first came on and will have your picture taken.
9. Masks MUST be put back on before you dismount.
10. Only the first 3 finishers need to weigh out.
11. If there is a claim of foul, there will be a designated person in the paddock with a walkie talkie to contact the Stewards. You will then weigh out and Bill Hair, the Clerk of Scales, will hand you a walkie talkie so you can talk to the Stewards.
12. WE HAVE A VERY LONG DAY AND YOUR COMPLETE AND TOTAL COOPERATION IS A MUST IN ORDER FOR THIS DAY TO RUN SMOOTHLY.